A Quantity Surveyor (QS) is a construction industry professional with expert knowledge on construction costs and contracts. They are not to be confused with Land Surveyors or Land Survey Engineers.
Services provided by a quantity surveyor may include:
- Cost consulting and Cost estimating
- Cost planning and commercial management throughout the entire life cycle of the project from inception to post-completion
- Value determination
- Risk management and calculation
- Procurement advice and assistance during the tendering procedures
- Tender analysis and agreement of the contract sum
- Commercial management and contract administration
- Assistance in dispute resolution
- Asset capitalisation
- Interim valuations and payment assessment
- Cost management process
- Assessing the additional costs of design variations
- Production of company pre-qualification questionnaire (PQQ) documentation in line with company policies.
- Quantity Surveying is concerned with controlling and managing the whole construction projects from any point of angle including legal also.
- Quantity Surveyor is a construction industry professional with expert knowledge on construction costs and contracts.