- Project Management
- Quantity Surveying
- Cost Control
- Procurement Strategy
- Building Substructure
- Change Control
- Feasibility Studies
- A results driven, self-motivated and resourceful professional with over 12 years of experience in Project Planning, Quantity Surveying and Contract Management.
- Previously associated with STUP Consultancies Pvt. Ltd. as Senior Quantity Surveyor.
- Deft at monitoring and controlling projects with respect to approved schedules, resource deployment and time over-runs to ensure satisfactory execution of projects.
- Adept at planning the execution of work as per approved plans, drawings and contract specifications; organizing construction schedules & timing.
- Taking off quantities and abstract of materials.
- Preparing bar bending schedule (if necessary), reinforcement and RCC.
- Preparing, negotiating & analyzing costs for tenders/ contracts and conducting rate analysis & cost estimate.
- Preparing documents for e-tendering and uploading of tender documents for e-tendering.
- Preparing Notice Inviting Tender, GCC & SCC, BOQ and drawings for tender.
- Conducting analysis of rates following CPWD / PWD / MES.
- Preparing BOQ following both Group System and Trade System.
- Inspecting and supervising the construction and repair works of bridges and roads.
- Working on PPP Projects & Joint Ventures.
- Preparing building plans for sanction by NKDA in West Bengal.
- Checking building plans for the purpose of sanction by NKDA.
- Plotting land for different purposes and providing technical assistance to the superiors.
Since May’16 with STUP Consultancies Pvt. Ltd. as Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Preparing estimates for Initial budget proposals for the cost of the project.
- Preparing of bill of quantities (BOQ).
Checking of site inspection reports JMs for various works as per approved construction drawings and site verification works executed by the contractor.
Preparing the rate analysis for variation orders along with preparing Tender and Contract Documents.
- Preparing QS Report and Monthly Cash Flow.
- Scrutinizing, certifying and processing of contractor running and final account bills.
- Verifying contractor bills with the applicable terms and conditions certification and ensuring compliance to the statutory requirements. Drafting the letter of award and compile contract documents for signature.
- Preparing final jobs close-out report & analyzing with theoretical quantities verses actual quantities and preparing built drawings. Assisting the client in drawing up list of contractors
Jan’15 – Apr’ 16 with National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) as Assistant Engineer and Site-in-Charge
- Prepared road estimate and rate analysis for road estimate.
- Supervised and checked repair and rehabilitation of distressed condition of flyover from Barasat Road to Belghoria Expressway with the team of Dr. Saraswati from Jadavpur University.
- Conducted operations & maintenance of NH-41 from Kolkata to Haldia Port Road and liaised as per site requirement.
- Supervised shifting of highway for Metro Railway Project from Dakhshineswar to Noapara Metro Railway station and continuous visit the site & followed up the project.
- Acquired a building on behalf of NHAI, PIU- Kolkata from the hand of other department.
- Attended all type of meeting as a representative of Project Director (NHAI, PIU – Kolkata) regarding project.
- Liaised with the DCP Bidhannagar, DCP Barrackpore and OC of different jurisdiction, RVNL (Metro Railway), D.E. of CESC and Chairman of different municipality and PWD regarding Electricity of total Belgharia Expressway.
Nov’14 – Jan’15 with New Town Kolkata Development Authority as an Architectural Assistant
Checked the building plans for sanction.
Jul’14 – Nov’14 with Sandip Kumar Deb & Associates as Contract Engineer
Prepared building estimate and tender documents.
Apr’12 – Jun’14 with West Bengal Housing Infrastructure Development Corporation (WBHIDCO) as Junior Architect
- Prepared tender documents for e-tendering and uploaded the tender.
- Plotted the arrangement of New Town under WBHIDCO and managed the street arrangement of New Town.
- Incorporated PHE drg above Layout plan of WBHIDCO.
Apr’09 – Mar’12 with New Kolkata Development Authority (On Deputation)
- Assisted the Principal Consultant of WBHIDCO (Ar. P. R. Das) by preparing drawings of MS fencing of Newtown, typical section of pavement for smaller roads.
- Proposed drainage system of park at AI and proposed extension of road network (enlarged drawing of marked area), TDR (Transfer of Development rights) calculation for original land owners).
- Conducted detailed scrutiny of the submitted plans in accordance with Building by-laws and rules.
- Listed the points as an outcome of the detail scrutiny and convey of these observations to the parties.
- Communicated and discussed with the parties about sanction related problem in their submitted plans and helped them to sort out the issue. Calculated the building sanction fees.
- Assisted the Assistant Architect for all building plan sanction procedure, issuance of different letters regarding sanctioning of Building Plans.
- Conducted the Inspection of building projects and checking as per sanctioned building plan as and when required.
Commenced career at West Bengal Housing Infrastructure Development Corporation Ltd. (WBHIDCO) as Junior Architect during Oct’07 – Mar’09
MEMBERSHIPS / ASSOCIATIONS
- National Council Member at Institution of Public Health Engineers (I)
- Life Associate Member (LAM) at Institution of Surveyors, India
- Life Associate Member (LAM) at Institution of Public Health Engineers (I)
- Life Associate Member (LAM) at the Institution of Engineers (India)
- Guest Faculty (Tendering & Contract) at iLEAD (Institute of Leadership, Entrepreneurship & Development) during 2013 and 2014
Student Member at the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
LL.B, AMIE (Civil Engineering), AMIS (Building & Quantity Surveying) (Equivalent to B.E.), Diploma in Architecture.